Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fiona: Introduction to Mark

MARK:the book stresses facts and actions rather than themes or topics. It is the most detailed among the four gospels and Mark was written to show the deity of Christ.

So, let's look at the book of Mark, discovering Christ's deity.
(Deity: supreme being.)

Mark 1:1-8
In the beginning of the book of Mark, John the Baptist was introduced and was used to introduce the coming of Jesus.

"And this was his message:"After me will come one more powerful than I, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.""
WOW, so this is Jesus.

So many times, I fail to see how Jesus is one who is supreme, who is on HIGH. But John has complete reverence toward the coming of Jesus and considered himself unworthy of even untying Jesus' sandals!

To me, this introduction of Jesus is just so amazing.

If someone were to tell me, someone like this was coming, I'd really want to know how he really looked like! And true enough, Jesus is the perfect man. (which I am sure we can explore when we read on more in Mark)

I really learn, to see how precious Jesus is, that he is not just a Saviour, but my precious Saviour.

This is really how special and supreme Jesus is.
Let's lead our life, taking every step, conscious of his Supremacy.

Love you all,
Fiona

No comments: